Sunday, January 22, 2012

1st Grade: Texture

The art teacher before me had ordered tons of this "stamp" faced paper. While I like the paper, I personally just think it is boring to have the students make a stamp. Therefore, I though they did sort of look like snowflakes! The first graders have been learning how to create texture - first they made the background with q-tips (bumpy texture), then the colored the background (smooth texture), then I gave them thick paint and they blotted their snowman (soft texture), then I gave them construction paper and hole punchers (great fine motor lesson) to add the face, scarf, buttons, and so on (rough texture.) Next time I am going to try using shaving cream and glue for the snowman... Has anyone done this? Any suggestions?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message!