Saturday, January 29, 2011

Family Art Night














Family Art Night consist of families coming after school to make a fun, simple, creative project together. I enjoy the event being held in the Art room. So I limit each night to about 25 students which turns out to be around 50 ish people in my room. The students come to my room after school, I provide a little snack, their parent joins us, and I try to pick a project that they can make together that is creative and open for a lot of interpretation. Usually this night last about an hour or so and it's wonderful to see everyone work together!

4 comments:

  1. Family Art Night, HOW FUN!!! I love the idea and the project was perfect. Very nice, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it looks like so much fun! How many people? Was it open to any and all grade levels? Did you have any HELP?! How about prep and cleanup? I'm curious because I've thought of doing this but never have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love every single one of them!!! What a great idea for a Family Art Night! I've thought about it, but with clay...something like this would be much easier. Maybe you've talked about it before, but please explain how you handle this. It would be a nice fundraiser, or just a pleasant time to meet parents. These are just the cutest little fellas and gals. Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like everyone had a great time!! If I'm ever back in the art classroom I want to do a night like this with parents in the art classroom. : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message!